Entertainment Media Council (EMC) provides entrepreneurs, C-level executives, and senior managers with access to resources that support the pursuit of successful enterprise in the global video game industry. Headquartered in San Diego, California, EMC was incorporated in California as a nonprofit corporation, and granted tax exemption in 2012.
EMC was established with the following mission: "to advance the video game industry by addressing the toughest challenges facing the business community." We strive to ensure that all of our decisions are guided by this directive.
To act as an agent of change, improving how we do business in the video game industry, key members lead initiatives in five distinct focus areas:
- Entrepreneurship: We will provide you with connections and opportunities to develop competencies that are key to building and sustaining new ventures.
- Leadership: We will bring you together with creative and business leaders to chart your individual paths to success in this rapidly evolving enterprise.
- Innovation: We will encourage you to share and test new ideas about bringing video games to market through guided communities of practice.
- Research: We will provide resources to help you make informed decisions, investigate areas of interest, and learn about business opportunities.
- Globalization: We will act as a venue for international perspectives on overcoming the challenges of global commerce in the video game industry.
Our members leverage the association as a marketplace of ideas to achieve forward movement in these areas and shape the video game industry for our mutual benefit.